How Do You See It?
Discuss with Your Peers
For behavior to be bullying it needs to pass all of the parts of the ACID test.
- Using the ACID test, how could you prove that what happened to Rebecca in the cafeteria was bullying behavior?
- Which parts of the ACID test does Richard display in the gym?
- Does Richard's behavior pass all four parts of the ACID test? Why or why not?
- Is there a clear power imbalance between Richard and Brad? If so, how can you tell?
- What do you think “power” looks like?
- What is “power” at your school?
Review the types of bullying and consider the actions and behaviors in each clip:
- Who is displaying what behaviors against whom?
- What type of bullying do you see in the cafeteria?
- What type of bullying might be occurring in the gym?
- Why might Rebecca feel as though she is being bullied?
- Why might Brad feel as though he is being bullied?
- What are the dangers and possible harmful effects that the person being bullied might face?
- How do you feel when you see someone being bullied?
- How might incidents like those in the cafeteria and the gym have a broader impact on the school climate?