How Do You See It?
Discuss with Your Peers
For behavior to be bullying, it needs to pass all parts of the ACID test.
- Using the ACID test, could you prove Richard's behavior is considered bullying?
- Would anyone be considered a bystander in this scene?
- When someone is being bullied and no one else is around, what course of action can they take to stop the cycle of bullying?
- What role are the characters playing in the bullying cycle?
Bully - The person doing the bullying behavior,
Target - The person being bullied,
Bystander - Person who sees the bullying but does not try to do anything about it.
- How do Richard's actions continue the cycle of bullying?
- How might the school climate contribute to Richard's behavior?