Break it Down: This is How We Role
- How do the characters in the hallway behave while the bullying is taking place?
- In this scene, who is harmed or affected by the bullying behavior?
- How does this behavior by these bystanders continue the cycle of bullying?
- Why is the girl in the scene an ‘upstander’?
- Tell a story about a bullying incident that you witnessed.
- Pay attention to each person’s behavior in the bullying cycle.
- Understand the drama and story behind each role.
- Be aware of your own feelings and attitudes about bullying.
- Identify the impact that fear plays in a cycle of aggression.
- See how the upstander role can address fear and prevent bullying.
- Use the power of words to defuse bullying behavior before it escalates.