Break it Down: The Cycle of Bullying
- How do the characters in the hallway behave while the bullying is taking place?
- In this scene, who is harmed or affected by the bullying behavior?
- How does this behavior by these bystanders continue the cycle of bullying?
- How does a school climate affect the cycle of bullying?
- Why is the girl in the scene an ‘upstander’?
- Tell a story about a bullying incident that you witnessed.
- Identify how the cycle of bullying keeps going.
- Examine your school climate for the factors that could contribute to bullying.
- Learn how the bystander plays a distinct role in the cycle of bullying.
- Learn the importance of the upstander in stopping the cycle.